simple design

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Looks like I'll have to wait for Tiger

Not that much longer though. My mother told me yesterday morning that she was paying for Tiger for me as a birthday gift. I love the idea of not having to pay for it, but this also means I have to wait a few more days 'till my birthday on May 12.

On the other hand, I did get one present yesterday from my grandparents. It's a new Acer flat-screen LCD 17" monitor! This thing is awesome, and it doesn't have any dead pixels to my knowledge. It works perfectly with my iBook, and now I have so much more screen space.

By default, though, iBooks and certain other macs don't support dual head displays, meaning that you have different windows and desktop and stuff on each monitor. Usually, these computers only support mirroring, where they display the same thing on each monitor. In addition, these Macs don't take advantage of all the resolutions that some monitors can use. For example, on my Acer monitor, the default resolution is 1280 x 1024, but my iBook said it only went up to 1024 x 768. However, there is a program that can help with all of this. It's name is Screen Spanning Doctor.

I found it with a simple Google search. All I did was run the simple program and select Enable Spanning. After a reboot, my display preferences had many more features. Now I could setup my monitors the way I wanted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home